The Convention Manager is responsible for Privateer Press’ pre-show logistical planning and preparation for the various conventions it attends, as well as attending those conventions in person to work and manage onsite when necessary. As such, frequent travel is to be expected and is required of the position.
Privateer Press, Inc. (www.privateerpress.com) is an award-winning publisher of games and game supplements based in Bellevue, WA. We produce the acclaimed tabletop miniatures wargames WARMACHINE® and HORDES®, the Monsterpocalypse® miniatures game, the Iron Kingdoms® Full Metal Fantasy and Iron Kingdoms®Unleashed roleplaying games, and the LEVEL 7® survival-horror board game line. We also create the Formula P3™ hobby tool and paint range in addition to the other products in our catalog. We are focused on producing the finest gaming products on the market today as we continue to build and expand the richness of our games and settings. We are in search of great people who are enthusiastic about producing engaging and enjoyable experiences and who can appreciate the inherent beauty of giant steam-powered robots smashing each other to pieces.
We are a hard-working crew who derive satisfaction from a job well done. We work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment, and we seek a highly motivated individual to support our production of high-quality miniatures.
The Convention Manager is responsible for overseeing the Privateer Press Convention department. The Convention Manager is responsible for Privateer Press’ pre-show logistical planning and preparation for the various conventions it attends, as well as attending those conventions in person to work and manage onsite when necessary. As such, frequent travel is to be expected and is required of the position. Conventions that the Convention Manager will be tasked with working on include but are not limited to Sales (e.g., Gen Con), Industry (e.g., GAMA), Distributor (e.g., open houses), and Internal (e.g., Lock & Load).
- Managing the crew of the Privateer Press Convention team.
- Working on crew travel arrangements, including sourcing and booking flights, hotels, and onsite transportation as needed.
- Sourcing drayage to and from the convention.
- Managing pre-convention arrangements, including coordinating booth electric and phone needs; working with the Marketing Manager to coordinate Press Media needs; and ensuring all necessary paperwork has been completed as required by the show venue.
- Ensuring that all necessary supplies are packed and shipped to the conventions including but not limited to booth parts and supplies, product and promotional materials for sales, all necessary demo materials, and all necessary tournament material including prize support, terrain, and equipment.
- Concept and determine the booth/display layout and the logistical and pre-planning coordination needs to ensure that said layout is packed and shipped to the specific convention. The Convention Manager will also be responsible for sourcing and working with various trade show production companies on acquiring new booth material and pieces.
- Working with our Production team to ensure proper product inventory at conventions at which we vend. This includes working with the Director of Business, Marketing Manager, and Director of Operations to establish what product will be available and at what needed quantities as well as determining the flooring and display plans for product at the show.
- Sourcing new promotional items to be used at both official Privateer Press conventions and as official support items for third-party conventions that feature Privateer Press games and products.
- Ensuring all sales arrangements have been completed for shows at which Privateer Press will be vending product. This includes cash register preparation and upkeep and filing appropriate vending paperwork.
- Maintaining records of convention sales from cash register reports at conventions where Privateer Press has a vendor presence.
The Convention Manager may be tasked with assisting or overseeing various on-site convention personal logistics and scheduling such as: convention personnel training, assisting the Volunteer Coordinator with volunteer scheduling and management, Privateer Press staff coordination, assisting the Organized Play Developer with game tournament scheduling and staffing, demo coordination, and RPG event coordination.
The ideal candidate will possess the following desired skills::
- Must be able to work in our Bellevue location
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of working both individually and collaboratively
- Able to develop a concept through to its conclusion
- Acute attention to detail
- Working familiarity with Macintosh/PC computers and common office software such as Word and Excel
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid knowledge of all Privateer’s products and product lines
- Solid knowledge of how to play all Privateer’s games
- Solid knowledge of Privateer’s OP offerings
- Highly organized
- Strong work ethic
- Action oriented and able to complete tasks quickly
- Able to multi-task
- Good problem-solving skills
- Physically able to lift 50 lbs.
- Physically able to bend, stoop, climb, and crouch repeatedly while performing physical labor. In addition potential applicants must be able to stand and work on their feet for 8 hours a day when working conventions and trade shows.
- Able and willing to travel regularly across the U.S. and internationally.
Experience with power tools and light construction is a plus!
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Product
Start Date: Immediate
To apply for this position, applicants must perform the following steps:
- Prepare a resume of no more than two pages. The filename of the resume should be your first and last name separated by an underscore, and it must be in .doc or .PDF format. Example: John_Doe.doc
- Compose a cover letter of no more than one page. The filename of the cover letter should be your first and last name followed by “CL”, all separated by underscores. The file must be either .doc or .PDF format. Example: John_Doe_CL.doc
- Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected], and make sure the subject line says “Convention Manager – [your name]”. Example: Convention Manager – John Doe.
Please note that this is a full-time salaried position at our Bellevue location. Applicants must either live in the Seattle area.