TELL US ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER!
No, really, we mean it! We want to know all about your Iron Kingdoms RPG character. And more important, we want the whole world to know because they’ll be determining the final list of most-favorite characters for our Nightmare Empire character contest. One of them could be created by YOU.
The creator of the winning entry will have their character illustrated by Iron Kingdoms creator Matt Wilson! Plus, RPG Development Manager Matt Goetz will write the character into a future supplement to be forever immortalized in the Iron Kingdoms setting.
Do you think your character can stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Alexia Ciannor, Professor Viktor Pendrake, or…Squint? Then we’re going to ask you to make three different posts of 400 characters or less (not counting URLs and hashtags) via Twitter or Facebook over the next three weeks that tell us everything everyone needs to know about our character. The five characters that accumulate the most likes over their three posts will move on to a final round, in which the public at large will be invited to determine which one will be illustrated and appear in a future supplement.
We’ll announce the winner approximately two weeks after the Nightmare Empire Kickstarter campaign closes, and the winner will receive a signed print of their character illustration and a copy of the first supplement their character appears in (digital and/or print) upon publication with the winner’s name included in the credits for their contribution!
Now, come on. Tell us about your character!
GETTING TO KNOW YOU (THE HOOK)
Round 1 — Post by June 7th, 2022
Who is this character? Sure, we want to know your race and class. But what about what they want? What drives them to quest throughout the Iron Kingdoms? What makes them special and unique? Why would we be lucky to have your character in our party? Or why would we want to have an ale with them? Tell us what is interesting about your character!
Each post should be set to “public” and accompanied by the Nightmare Empire Kickstarter campaign URL https://bit.ly/3x3SgCx and #NightmareEmpireIK so we can find it. And be sure to get as many likes on your post as possible to make it into the final voting round!
Stay in the know on when Iron Kingdoms: The Nightmare Empire campaign goes live:
Visit Iron Kingdoms: Nightmare Empire on Kickstarter!
Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who submit their entries via the instructions above and include the details defined above, and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Privateer Press, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers (collectively the “Employees”) and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Privateer Press, Inc., as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign. You agree to make no claim of ownership over the submitted idea. You acknowledge that Privateer Press reserves the right to alter and interpret the idea as deemed necessary to be compatible with the look and feel and rules of the Iron Kingdoms Roleplaying Game.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 1st, 2022, 10am, UTC-7 and ending June 27th, UTC-7. All online entries must be received by June 27th, 5pm, UTC-7.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry as detailed above. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Privateer Press, Inc. You must provide the information requested. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Privateer Press, Inc.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a signed print of their submission’s artwork and a copy of the supplement in which their entry appears. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Privateer Press, Inc. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Privateer Press, Inc., discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Privateer Press, Inc., to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner(s) will be selected by a panel of judges under the supervision of Privateer Press, Inc. Winner will be notified by contact method provided by entrant within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Privateer Press, Inc., shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT PRIVATEER PRESS, INC,’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Privateer Press, Inc., anyone acting on behalf of Privateer Press, Inc., and Privateer Press, Inc.’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: Privateer Press, Inc., reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Privateer Press, Inc.’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such a case, Privateer Press, Inc., may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Privateer Press, Inc. Privateer Press, Inc., reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Privateer Press, Inc., has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Privateer Press, Inc., reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Privateer Press, Inc., and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Privateer Press, Inc., 21220 87th Ave SE, Woodinville, WA 98072. Requests must be received no later than July 2nd, 2022, 5pm, UTC-7.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Privateer Press, Inc. 21220 87th Ave SE, Woodinville, WA 98072.
- The Campaign hosted by Privateer Press, Inc., is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, any public social media platform.