The Account Manager will serve as a liaison between the distributors of Privateer Press products and the retail stores to ensure that both parties have the information and support they need to sell all Privateer Press products. This role will also be responsible for making weekly calls to existing accounts to enhance individual account performance as well as making daily new account cold calls and follow-ups to canvas for new business by maintaining a current call sheet. The Account Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that all accounts are informed of current OP programs, Best Trade Sales Practices, and other promotional and marketing materials.
This is a full-time position in our Bellevue, WA office.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Achieve sales objectives and implement the necessary resources to achieve objectives.
- Direct sales to retail stores – existing accounts and new accounts.
- Direct contact with retailers to promote products as well as gather feedback and data that can be applied to product development and growth strategies.
- Promote sales, retention, and acquisition at the retailer and club level with in-store and club programs such as leagues, release events, and special promotions.
- Ensure marketing goals are being met at the store level and collaborate on future promotions coordinating with product releases, events, etc. Trade Sales will have input with Marketing.
- Coordinate and send weekly emails to retailers.
- Implement and coordinate sales policies and objectives.
- Be familiar with all products being sold.
- Recommend product enhancements to boost sales/gain new customers, such as OP kits, Point of Sale materials, displays, etc.
- Be motivated with high energy and enthusiasm.
- Be an effective member of the sales team.
- Forecast sales in terms of dollars and quantities within territory.
- Create long- and short-term sales plans/goals for territory.
- Find new markets/customers for direct purchases.
- Attend events, conventions, and tradeshows as a representative of Privateer Press.
- Travel to industry trade shows (e.g., GAMA), distributor open houses, and large consumer conventions (e.g. Gen Con).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of Privateer Press product lines
- Knowledge of hobby industry and retail
- Able to be discreet and trustworthy
- Highly organized
- Able to pay attention to detail
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Must be reliable
- Must be action-oriented and able to complete tasks quickly
- Must be willing and able to travel to industry trade shows, distributor shows, and large consumer conventions
- Medical and dental
- Paid vacation/sick days
- Free and discounted product
Start date: Immediate
1) Prepare a resume of no more than two pages. The filename of the resume should be your first and last name separated by an underscore, and it must be in .doc or .PDF format. Example: John_Doe.doc
2) Compose a cover letter of no more than one page. The filename of the cover letter should be your first and last name followed by “CL”, all separated by underscores. The file must be in .doc or .PDF format. Example: John_Doe_CL.doc
3) Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected], and make sure the subject line says “Trade Sales Account Manager—[your name].” Example: Trade Sales Account Manager —John Doe.