Following their first faltering steps on entering the Second World War, the US Army quickly developed into a relentless fighting machine that steadily swept all before them.View in Store
One of the best-equipped armies in the world at the time, the Americans took on, and beat, their German, Italian and Japanese adversaries.
This boxed set contains a great starting point for a force of US Army troops in uniforms ideal for service in the Mediterranean, Italy, or North West Europe between 1941 and 1945. This starter force has all bases covered – firepower, boots on the ground and speed – providing the perfect core for your GI army. Check your weapons and load up with ammo. America has joined the fight against the Axis – send the boys in!
US Army starter army contains:
- 36x multi-pose US Army infantry (plastic)
- 1x M3A1 half-track (plastic)
- 1x US Army 105mm artillery (metal)
- 1x US Army MMG team (metal)
- 1x US Army medium mortar team (metal)
- 1x M4 Sherman medium tank (plastic)
- Assembly and painting instructions, full-colour decal sheets, vehicle damage markers & stat cards and plastic bases
Expand your US forces
By utilising the industrial infrastructure of the Detroit auto factories, the US Army was able to out-produce the Axis forces – with the likes of the ubiquitous Sherman tank being produced by the tens-of-thousands. With the trusty Garand rifle, Thompson SMG, Browning MGs, and (when a little more punch was needed) the Bazooka – the GIs were well equipped and supplied to take the fight from the D-Day beaches, through the Normandy bocage, with Patton’s boys stopping only when they’d reached the banks of the Rhine.