Geek and Sundry called it a “Pitch-perfect blend of superhero and noir tabletop RPG… The mechanics are simple yet INCREDIBLY robust.”
A new City of Mist MC Toolkit, Player’s Guide, MC Screen and a Core Premium Slipcase Editionare all available as part of our City of Mist Collection on Modiphius.net. You can also buy the PDFs on Modiphius.net and DriveThruRPG.com.
If you’re new to the game of “Ordinary People, Extraordinary Powers”, there’s even a FREE PDF Starter Set to try before you buy. Here are the details on all these brand new titles:
Designed to support City of Mist MCs in every aspect of gamemastering. It includes step-by-step guides for creating and running your own City of Mist series, as well as ample ready-to-play content: challenges, adversaries, arch-villains, and a full case – “Gambling With Death” – so you can start playing right off the bat.
★★★★★ “a must have for ANY GM… the tips alone are worth it!” (Verified customer)
What’s in this book:
· Chapter 1: Word on the Street describes four of the main City districts with sample locations and local Rifts, as well as additional districts and locations at the edge of town.
· Chapter 2: Behind the Scenes is a detailed breakdown of the MC’s roles, a step-by-step guide on how to run sessions including a variety of tools to help make your game more cinematic, and an in-depth walkthrough for creating your own cases and designing your series based on the Iceberg model.
· Chapter 3: This is MY City!, the villain chapter, contains the rules for creating and handling Dangers; a comprehensive Danger Profile directory containing dozens of Dangers to use in your games; a guide to Avatars and their operations with four ready-to-use Avatar profiles; and a special section on creating and using custom moves.
· A complete sample case: “Gambling with Death”.
The City of Mist Player’s Guide
This includes everything essential for players of City of Mist, both old and new – an introduction to the setting, tools for creating unique modern fantasy characters, the complete cinematic game rules, and a dramatic character development system.
· Chapter 1: The Lowdown has the inside scoop on the life of a Rift (a Player Character) and the process of awakening to the legend within you, with an introduction to setting of “the City”.
· Chapter 2: Who Are You? is a guide to the Exposition Session, in which you and your group create your City of Mist series. It includes the complete character creation system using 14 mix-and-match themebooks (questionnaires), quick character creation options, a system of crew relationships, sample crew themes, and the crew themebook.
· Chapter 3: Working the Case explains the game’s cinematic rules system, focusing on the eight core moves, the four cinematic moves (Voiceover Monologue, Flashback, Montage, and Geek Out During Credits) and providing ample optional rules to customize your game.
· Chapter 4: Moments of Truth describes the game’s signature non-linear character development system which drives your character to explore the Mystery of your Mythos and go through dramatic moments of transformation, such as loss of a loved one or gaining new powers.
All the rules, tips, and suggestions an MC needs, handy!
This three-part illustrated MC (GM) screen contains summarized rules for quick reference, status and MC moves suggestions, and narration tips for creating a captivating ‘noir’ atmosphere. Exterior art by Marcin Sobon.
This premium slipcase set contains:
· the Player’s Guide book in hardcover (+PDF)
· the MC Toolkit book in hardcover (+PDF), and
· the MC Screen
In addition, you receive two City District PDFs included with every set:
· Tourist Trap A dark and treacherous tourism district by James Introcaso, co-designer of Dungeons & Dragons’ Dragon Heist
· La Colonia de Sombras A latin district inspired by Mexican and meso-american mythology, by Mark Diaz Truman of Magpie Games